Protein diet for weight loss: the menu for the week includes various foods with the highest protein content, which can lead to malfunction of some organs, hit the immune system and have a number of contraindications. Nutritionists recommend using this method to lose extra pounds or gain muscle mass only in healthy people and not more than once a year.
A strong blow to the body requires healing for many months, but gives serious results and is suitable for those who can not refuse fish, meat dishes. Strictly forbidden to eat foods containing sugar in this type of diet, which can lead to significant concerns for sweet lovers and affect brain activity. Regarding the types that exist, the positive and negative points, menus and information are given in the text below.
Effect of proteins on the human body
Protein, being necessary for the normal development and functioning of the human body, is harmful in both excess and deficiency. Let’s try together to understand this complex mechanism and find all the pros and cons of protein predominance in the diet for muscle and fat mass.
Protein is a complex organic compound containing nitrogen that distinguishes it from carbohydrates and fats. This is a structural element of cells and the human body is deprived of the possibility of independent protein synthesis. It follows that it can only be taken from the outside - by eating it inside with food. Scheme of this type of connection:
- Destruction in the digestive system of amino acids.
- Synthesis of proteins and enzymatic substances from decay products.
Thus, protein deficiency contributes to:
- hindered growth and development;
- lack of enzymatic substances for digestion;
- decrease in defensive ability;
- decreased muscle mass.
Since the essence of the protein diet is the increased amount of protein consumed, it must be said about its excessive effect, which leads to:
- creating excessive stress on the kidneys;
- increase the likelihood of cardiovascular disease;
- bone loss due to loss of calcium (excreted in the urine by the body) and osteoporosis;
- impaired metabolism;
- constipation and other disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
The risk of developing diseases increases if the recommendations are not followed: drinking too little water, lack of physical activity, non-compliance with contraindications, etc.
Protein diet: How it works
The principle is as follows:
- increase protein intake;
- cut carbs to the minimum possible.
When ingested with food, protein compounds that the body has not processed become:
- glucose; fat
This diet acts as a pronounced means of losing excess adipose tissue. Eating protein takes a long time to digest, so there is no feeling of hunger. To reduce the load on the organs, you need to get a large amount of water inside, which increases in the hot season.
Lack of carbohydrates can lead to impaired metabolism, so this type of diet should be treated with caution and only after consulting a specialist so as not to harm yourself.
Pros of a Protein Diet
This nutritional system assumes a rapid loss of pounds without the desire to eat. Other positive aspects:
- long saturation;
- variety in diet;
- calories for food consumed are not limited;
- security of results for a long period, depending on the exit rules;
- efficiency in the form of ten kilograms in fourteen days.
Who is contraindicated in a protein diet
With obvious advantages, the power supply system is not without flaws in the form of:
- unbalanced diet;
- significant burden on organs;
- loss of minerals (secreted in urine);
- lack of vitamins, minerals and nutrients;
- rejection of sweet products, flour (creates worries for lovers); Required
- compulsory physical activity - without this, the body will be damaged.
Due to its shortcomings, the program has a number of contraindications:
- period of pregnancy;
- age of children;
- age over sixty years (possible thrombosis);
- kidney and liver diseases;
- gallstone disease;
- diseases or abnormalities in the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- oncological diseases;
- presence of neoplasms.
Eating large amounts of protein in some cases can be life threatening, so you should first consult a dietitian, therapist for contraindications.
- Compulsory physical activity in the form of a set of exercises;
- you need to burn more calories each day than you consume (the difference should be equal to three hundred kilocalories);
- take small but frequent portions;
- consumption of metabolic stimulants and natural fat burning (coffee, green tea);
- calculating the minimum amount of protein - forty grams per day - and the maximum - 140 grams per day;
- additional use of vitamin and mineral complexes.
In the early days, weight loss occurs due to fluid loss, possibly weight gain due to increased muscle mass. The weight loss program is unbalanced, promotes mineral loss and requires the mandatory introduction of multivitamins. The measure will allow to avoid exhaustion and its consequences in the form of brittle nails, excessive loss of fibers, etc.
Types of protein diets
This type of food combines a number of diets that have been developed by different nutritionists, the difference lies in the duration and rules:
- according to Dukan(in stages, there are a number of requirements, no calorie counting required, you should consume a reduced amount of salt and prevent thirst);
- from Malysheva(lasts twenty-eight days, does not allow hunger, you have to eat five times, you have to count calories, you have to eat simple carbohydrates);
- Kremlin View(assumes punctuation - 1 = 1 gram of carbohydrates / 100 grams of this product - and vegetable days);
- according to Atkins(low carb system, use of cheeses, meat, dairy products is prohibited);
- by Maggi(three meals a day, there are two options - eggs and cottage cheese, calorie counting required).
The positive and negative aspects of each type are shown in the table:
|Shop||All||You do not need to count calories and limit your diet||Contraindicated in diseases of the central nervous system|
|Malysheva||Those who want to improve their health and lose weight for a long time||Long-term results, simplicity, no overeating||Weight loss occurs slowly, low metabolic rate, contraindicated in children, adolescents, pregnant women, heavy physical work and the presence of chronic diseases|
|Kremlin||Overweight people||Significant weight loss while maintaining psychological comfort||Reduced mental activity, not suitable for confectioners, unacceptable for diseases of the kidneys, heart, gastrointestinal tract, pregnancy|
|Atkins||All||Fast and effective weight loss, improves kidney and other organ function||It is forbidden to eat too many essential foods|
|Maggi||All||Menu self-selection, simple rules, no age restrictions||Requires an increased amount of eggs, leading to increased cholesterol|
The Ducan diet focuses on reducing carbohydrates in the early stages. To improve the functioning of the digestive system, the diet is supplemented with bran. In the subsequent stages, the body continues to lose weight, but foods containing carbohydrates begin to return to the menu.
Malysheva's program assumes a long-term weight loss system, which leads to long-term results. Basic principles: taking at least two liters or ten glasses of water during the day, avoiding sugar and salt, excess food is not allowed.
The Atkins system combines the following requirements:
- the amount of meat, fish should be equivalent to vegetables, fruits;
- reduced volume of carbohydrates;
- foods that contain protein and fat are not limited by the amount consumed.
There is also a classic version:
- five days;
- ten days;
- fourteen days.
There are two requirements for foods that are allowed to be consumed as part of a protein diet:
- high protein content;
- low concentration of fatty ingredient.
Only materials that meet these requirements can serve as ingredients for the preparation of the daily menu. The list includes (name / example):
- weak poultry / chicken, turkey;
- rabbit meat;
- lean beef;
- offal / liver (contains vitamins and minerals in chemical composition);
- weak fish / tilapia; salad
- vegetables / cucumber, tomato, onion, zucchini;
- chicken or quail egg white;
- crop and fruit juices / apple, citrus;
- porridge made from rice, buckwheat, oats (not more than one hundred and sixty grams / day);
- bread (maximum sixty grams / day);
- natural coffee;
- still mineral water;
- low-fat dairy products of natural origin in the classic version / milk, kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese;
- spices / black pepper, red;
- soy sauce etc.
Maybe use apple cider vinegar, seafood, tofu cheese, low-fat cheese.
Nutritional value is not an indicator for determining the suitability of an ingredient; should focus on the amount of carbohydrate and fat components. When calculating the amount of protein, data from food packages provided by manufacturers should be used as sources of information.
The following checklist can help determine food suitability, which includes:
- pork, fish with a high percentage of fat;
- bakery products;
- all types of cereals except those specified in the permitted list;
- fruit crops (only apples and citrus fruits allowed) (bananas not recommended);
- potatoes (high starch content);
- carrots (contains sugar);
- beet (contains sugar);
- sugar and sweeteners; liquids
- (except permits);
- sugar-containing products;
- drinks with added sugar;
- carbonated water (mineral and other beverages);
- any sauce that contains a high percentage of fat.
Every day in the diet should be at least 1. 2 and not more than 1. 6 grams of protein for the normal functioning of the body. You can also secure the rate by drinking beverages with an increased content of this ingredient during the day. There are three drink options:
- protein shakes from powders;
- homemade cocktails;
- milk, fermented milk products, juices separately.
Protein powder shakes are concentrated blends with minimal or no fats and carbohydrates. A distinctive feature is the ease of assimilation.
You can make a high protein drink by mixing the simple foods you will find in the kitchen. The table shows the possible changes:
|Title||Ingredients||Volume, grams / quantity, parts||Kcal / gram protein|
|With a banana||
Cottage cheese 0%
Chicken egg white
Cottage cheese 0%
Cottage cheese 0%
|198 / 19. 5|
Low fat Greek yogurt
A quarter teaspoon
|196 / 22. 4|
|Oats and berries||
One or two dice
The drinks listed in the table are high in protein, not all of them are diet-friendly - when choosing, you should stick to the list of forbidden foods for a particular diet.
7 Day Protein Diet Menu
When composing the menu of the day, the manufacturer's data on the composition of the product should be taken into account, the general information is given in the list(name / calories / protein / fat / carbohydrates):
- chicken fillet / 110/23, 1/1, 2 / -;
- Filete Ideyka / 84/19, 2/0, 7 / -;
- rabbit meat / 173/33 / 3. 5 / -;
- beef / 250/26/15 / -;
- tilapia / 96 / 20. 1 / 1. 7;
- slanderer / 83 / 16. 5 / 1. 8 / -;
- hake fish meat / 86 / 16. 6 / 2. 2 / -;
- kodi / 78 / 17. 7 / 0. 7 / -;
- one percent kefir / 40 / 2. 8 / 1. 0 / 4. 0;
- 1% milk / 41 / 3. 3 / 1. 0 / 4. 8;
- one percent yogurt / 40 / 3. 0 / 1. 0 / 4. 1;
- one percent cottage cheese / 79 / 16. 3 / 1. 0 / 1. 3;
- chicken liver / 136 / 19. 1 / 6. 3 / 0. 6;
- beef liver / 125 / 20. 0 / 3. 1 / 4. 0.
Recommendations for use are given in the table:
|Products / Groups / Periods||Waiting time|
|Breakfast||No later than three hours (counting from waking up)|
|Darka||At least three hours of sleep time|
|Complex carbohydrates||Small portions in the morning - no later than 14: 00|
|Apples (not more than two) or citrus fruits||Before lunch|
|Combination of protein with starchless vegetables (tomato, cucumber, celery)||After 14: 00|
When designing a daily diet, these rules should be followed.No more than thirty grams of vegetable fats in the form of flaxseed oil are allowed.
The simplest protein diet
The food in this program is taken five times basically, adhering to the above recommendations. The menu is shown in the table below:
|1||Cottage cheese||Fruit / apple||Whole wheat bread / chicken fillet||Natural Kos||Steamed fish / vegetable salad|
|2||Tea||Portokalli||Boiled beef / vegetablesKefir||Baked fish|
|3||Tea / Three chicken egg whites||Molla||Turkey turkey fillet with rice||Cottage cheese||Beef / boiled vegetable salad (cabbage)|
|4||Oatmeal cookies, two pieces / kefir||Grapefruit||Cooked chicken / asparagusKefir||Boiled fish / vegetables|
|5||Cottage cheese with tea||Apples||Boiled fish / whole wheat bread||Kos||Boiled beef / vegetables|
|6||Tea / two squirrels||Qitro||Beans / vegetablesKefir||Boiled fish / vegetables|
|7||Cottage cheese with tea||Apples||Beef soup / vegetables / boiled bread||Cottage cheese||Boiled beef / fresh vegetables|
User results range from one to four pounds lost in seven days. An example menu appears in the table:
Lightly salted salmon
|Seafood dish (soup, cocktail)|
Casserole with cheese
Tea (herbal, green, black)
|Beef Meat / Vegetable Salad||Kefir + krunde||Cooking vegetables with chicken dish|
Baked cheesecakes with sour cream
|Fish soup or fish soup||Apple, Citrus or Kiwi||Dish with roasted meats and vegetables|
|Mishi solyanka||Lightly salted sandwich with salmon and greens||Wrap in meat and vegetables|
|Baked fish / whole wheat bread||Pancake with cottage cheese and bran||Chicken cutlets / vegetable salad|
Boiled Chicken Egg
Lightly salted salmon
|Cook beans / Vegetable salad||
|Fish steak / steamed cabbage salad|
Fried eggs with added meat
|Meat soup with vegetables||
Apples, Citrus or Kiwi
Roasted fish / vegetables
Protein-carbohydrate diet for weight loss
A menu menu for a week within this food system is displayed in the table:
Cottage cheese + dried fruit
Coffee + cream
|Apple / a||Lentil and Chicken Juice||Tea + jam||Karri|
|Orange / one||Spinach soupKefir||Nuggets pule|
Casserole with cheese
Coffee + milk
|Kiwi / two pieces||Salmon in milk||Kos||Egg Salad|
|4||Porridge with oatmeal + fruit + honey||Garnet / a||Potato soup and sour cream||Dates / punch||Buckwheat / salad with honey and cabbage|
Casserole with honey + honey
Tea + jam
|Bananas||Fish and shrimp soup||Kos||Salad with protein and carbohydrates|
Boiled protein / two parts
|Mandarin / dy||Oriental soup (from eggs and pink salmon)||Soft milk||Kebab (turkey + vegetables)|
Coffee + sugar
|Bananas||Minestrone||Baking||Gumba (potatoes and cabbage)|
Protein diet for women
Recommendations are given in the table (numbers correspond to pieces and grams):
Cottage cheese / 200
|Apple / 1||
Roasted chicken fillet / 100
|2||Kos||Portokalli / 1||Beef + vegetablesKefir||Fish + vegetables|
|Grapefruit / 1||Chicken fillet + brown rice||Kos||
Biscuits with oatmeal / 3
|Bananas / 1||Turkey fillet||Ryazhenka||
|5||Cottage cheese / 200||Apple / 1||
|6||Omelette||Garnet / 1||
Roasted chicken fillet
|Kos||Baked fish + vegetables|
|7||Cottage cheese / 200||Mandarin / 2||
|Roasted fish + broccoli|
Duration of protein diet
The classic change assumes three types of duration per day:
The maximum number of days is fourteen. Meaning assumes the presence of physical activity, with a passive lifestyle, this type of food can lead to impaired kidney function. To reduce the load on the internal organs, it is required to consume large amounts of fluid. Exceeding the recommended duration may provoke:
- added fatigue;
- lowers mental alertness;
- urolithiasis; brittleness
- , lack of shine of hair shafts, nail plates;
- increases epidermal dryness;
- renal edema.
The reason for the damage in the form of presented side effects of long follow-up of the requirements of the protein system is an imbalance, creating a load on the body. Despite the undoubted benefits of protein for the body, their predominance in the diet can be detrimental to health. At the end of the recommended terms, you should gradually leave this program and not repeat it throughout the year.
Dietary recipes for protein for weight loss
You can cook in a double boiler, microwave or multi-cooker.
Prepare the ingredients and add to the bowl:
- raw chicken eggs / four pieces;
- milk / half a glass.
- Mix the ingredients with a mixer.
- Immerse yourself in the steamer.
- Cook under normal conditions for twenty minutes.
Tight roasted salmon
Prepare the ingredients and add to the bowl:
- fish steaks / one piece;
- lemon juice / teaspoon;
- spices / to taste;
- hard cheese / twenty grams;
- yogurt / two tablespoons;
- tomatoes / a piece.
- Wash the steak, pour in the juice, add spices. Marinate for twenty minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into rings.
- Put the vegetables.
- Rub the steak with yogurt.
- Put the cheese.
- Place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake for thirty minutes.
How to get out of the diet
Losing weight is given to the body by stress, but after the period suggested by the weight loss or weight maintenance program, the transition to a normal diet should be gradual. This requirement is fundamental and the duration of retention of the value achieved on the scale depends on compliance. If the next day you suddenly start consuming most of the banned products, the actions are fraught with not only returning to their original form, but also a large set.
Basic Exit Principles:
- exclusion of sugar component from beverages (tea, coffee);
- consumption of minimum amounts of flour and sweet products;
- do not eat too fatty foods;
- a sip of water on an empty stomach;
- low-fat oatmeal or cottage cheese for breakfast;
- lunch - low-fat soup, fish or roasted meat (not fried);
- abstain from potatoes (contains starch);
- small portions at least three and no more than five times a day.
Known dietary ingredients should be added slowly to daily menus. Exercises, relaxing procedures increase the effect.
- A protein diet can lead to kidney and other organ dysfunction due to stress on the body. The food system is contraindicated in a number of diseases, so you should first consult a dietitian or therapist for contraindications.
- Eating protein foods and excluding carbohydrates from the diet requires mandatory physical activity. Only in combination with exercises will it be possible to achieve the best results.
- You should not rejoice in the first few pounds lost - these are not fats, but water that leaves the body.
- In some cases, it is not possible to lose, but to accumulate fat in the body, deterioration of the nail structure, loss of hair strands. The immune system is also stressed - the diet should be enriched with vitamins consumed internally.
- it is necessary to leave the diet without problems - excessive consumption of high-carbohydrate foods will not only lead to the restoration of lost pounds, but also to gain more.